Monday, September 2, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Dip

My specialty is dips. Expect to see many, many posts about dips. It's something EVERYONE enjoys, and there's usually not any leftovers (if you make them right). So anyway, here's a recipe I originally found on pinterest. It's pretty good. When I made it, I added way too much hamburger, so it didn't turn out the way I'd have liked it to, but it was still delicious. Unfortunately, the photo I'm posting isn't my own, but the next time I make it I'll be sure to take a photo for y'all. :)

Bacon Cheeseburger Dip

Servings: 4


Before you do ANYTHING, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. That way you don't have to wait on it after you've prepared all your ingredients.

Ingredients

4oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 lb ground beef
6 strips of bacon cut into 1" pieces (or you could use an entire package, lol)
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup

Preparation

1. Brown ground beef, drain, set aside.
2. Cook bacon until crispy, 6-10 minutes (or microwave it for however long you usually cook it), set aside, drain all but 1 tbsp of grease.
3. Add onion & saute until translucent.
4. Add garlic & saute about 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, bacon, onions, garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, cheeses, worcestershire, and ketchup. Pour into baking dish.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes.

Garnish with diced tomato, bacon, & crispy onions. Or whatever you wanna garnish with. Also, the garnish is totally optional.


Remember, you can ALWAYS alter this recipe for your tastes, and it wont *ruin* the dip. Add more or less of this or that, and feel free to double it depending on how many people you want to feed. Go crazy! And as usual, it is best served with Tostitos Scoops. It's what I ALWAYS use, and they're perfect.

Eat up, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment