Monday, September 2, 2013

Crack Dip. (A.K.A. Bacon Cheddar Dip)

Yes, the title is correct. This is called "Crack Dip". Why? Because it's just that addicting. Do not make this unless you're ok with not having leftovers. My brother and his family absolutely love this stuff, so I try to make it for them every chance I get. It's really quite easy to make, and very little cooking involved. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of my own crack dip to share with you guys because it's never lasted long enough for me to snap a pic. Nonetheless, I'll find one from google. :)

Ingredients

16 oz sour cream (2 cups)
1 packet Ranch Dressing dip mix
3 oz Bacon Bits (in the bag) or Several (more than 7) strips of cooked bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

~~~~Lets stop right there~~~
I do not condone nor endorse the use of bacon bits in this recipe. In my opinion, there is no such substitute for real bacon found on this planet. I guess if you wanted to use turkey bacon, that would be ok. But bacon bits are not the real deal in my opinion. Carry on.

Preparation

Mix together, and refrigerate 24 hours.


Feel free to add or take away from this recipe. It wont *ruin* the dip. Plus, you can ALWAYS double it depending how many people are eating it. And, as always I recommend Tostitos Scoops to dip with. It looks like they're using regular tortilla chips in the photo, but I'm willing to bet it'd be REALLY tasty with some Cool Ranch Doritos. If any of you decide to do this, please let me know in the comments how it turned out. Thanks!

Eat up, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment