Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sea Veggies

Sushi is my favorite food. I mean, above all else, I'll eat sushi for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I never get tired of it. If I could become a sushi, I would. The Rebecca Roll. Lol. I'm absurd..

A few months ago I saw a product at the Kroger here in Shepherdsville called 'Sea Veggies'. It's a healthy seaweed snack made by YangBan, and the package contains 12 sheets of dry seaweed. I figured I'd try it, and if I didn't litke it, hell they're $1.39, so it wouldn't be a total loss. Turns out, I DID like them.


They're really crunchy and salty when you first put them into your mouth, and you get that familiar sushi taste because hey, it's seaweed. After a couple seconds the sheet starts to soften up in your mouth, and becomes chewy. I am SO in love with these things, and I wish I could buy them in bulk. 12 little sheets is not enough! 

My favorite flavor so far is the Sea Salt. They only have one other flavor, and it's Hot Chili. I don't care much for that one, because it's quite hot, and they've made me choke/cough a few times while eating them. Just too much spice. 

If you're a sushi lover, check 'em out. I know they're sold at Kroger stores for $1.39, sometimes cheaper if they're on sale. I can't seem to find the YangBan brand of them at Walmart, and I haven't searched anywhere else for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment