Monday, January 27, 2014

PinchMe Samples

Remember when I mentioned that website PinchMe? Well, I got an unexpected sample from them. Stuff I didn't order. Well, half of it anyway.



Saturday I got a sample box from PinchMe. It's always exciting getting that big blue and white box in the mail. It's really a big deal. I opened it and found a sample of U by Kotex that included two U by Kotex Extra regular mini-pads and two U by Kotex Curves Liners. I remember ordering that with my last box, but I ordered some lotion with it too. However, that's not what came with the pads.

The other sample, conveniently, was a chocolate bar!! I got a chocolate bar and pads in the mail in the same box! It was like "Here's your period kit, have a good week!" Literally, couldn't have been timed any better.

The chocolate bar is made by Wild Ophelia. They make a whole line of chocolate bars with crazy flavors and all natural ingredients, no preservatives, and they're gluten free. They've also partnered with The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and have released a line of chocolate bars to coincide with the movie. Several of the bars have district numbers on them for where the ingredients to make the chocolate bar came from. It's REALLY freakin cool. Seriously, check out their site. They have a smokehouse bbq potato chip flavored chocolate bar that I'm dying to try.

Anyway, the bar I got was New Orleans Chili dark chocolate bar, made with 70% cacao and Louisiana Cayenne Chili peppers from Bayou Country, Louisiana. It's dark chocolate with a warm, zinging hot spice and underlying tones of earthy red pepper. It's so exotic for a chocolate bar!!

Now, I haven't tried the pads yet. When shark week rolls around, I usually have to use two different means of period protection (tampons AND pads) at the same time. I just recently bought a big package of store brand pads, so I'm using those first. I don't like to use my samples until I run out of the full size products themselves, so I'll have to get back to you guys on this one.

However, the chocolate bar was definitely interesting. I'm not a fan of dark chocolate, never have been. I don't like the bitterness of dark chocolate or the fact that you can't taste any sweetness at all. This chocolate bar was a little different. I'd definitely call it gourmet. The chocolate was definitely bitter, but there was a hint of sweet to it. It didn't much melt in my mouth and I actually had to chew it instead of letting it melt and savoring it. I spit it out momentarily to examine what exactly was inside. You could see little tiny chunks of cayenne pepper in it. I put it back into my mouth to finish off the piece, and a few seconds later I could really taste the heat of the peppers. It wasn't overpowering and it didn't burn my mouth, but there was definitely some warmth on my tongue and down my throat.






I tried it some more today, and I gotta say I like it. I like the hint of sweetness, and the heat. I like crunching those teeny tiny pieces of cayenne. It's really quite wonderful.

I forgot to mention the packaging. It's made from %100 recycled paperboard, and not only is there stuff on the outside of the package, there's also all kinds of cool stuff going on inside.


I would definitely recommend this chocolate bar, especially if you love dark chocolate. These are sold at Walgreens, Meijer, and several other places. I plan on buying whichever ones I can find. Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment