Friday, August 9, 2013

Pizza Dip.

Have you ever just really wanted to put a pizza in a blender, and either drink it or dip your chips in it? Oh, no? Ok, maybe that's just me. I'm weird. I get it. However, there's a recipe for the most incredible dip on the planet and it tastes exactly like a pizza. Yes, pizza dip. I've made it several times and everyone who's ever tried it gets all rabid-like, and starts moaning like a zombie. I take it as a compliment. It's whatev.

I originally found the recipe on Pinterest. The photo alone gave me a foodgasm. So I'm sharing the recipe with you, and a photo of my own pizza dip.

Servings: Makes 4 servings (if you double it, it makes 8)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (if doubling it, make it 40 minutes to an hour)

Mixture Ingredients
4 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup mozzarella (shredded)
1/4 cup parmesean

Topping Ingredients
1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella (shredded)
1/2 cup parmesean
2oz pepperoni (sliced)
2 tablespoons green pepper (diced)
2 tablespoons black olive (sliced)

Directions
1. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, mozzarella, and parmesean. Spread it across the bottom of a round glass baking dish or pie plate.
2. Spread the pizza sauce on top, and sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and black olives.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.

*Best served with Tostitos scoops

And that's it! Pretty easy. I change it up a bit, and I almost always double the recipe. I have a 13x9 glass baking dish, so I have to double it in order to fill the sucker. It takes a little bit longer to cook as well. I don't add the black olives because I hate them, and I don't add parmesean to the topping because I feel it makes it way too salty. Bacon is a good topping to add, and I don't measure it. I just cook about 6 slices until they're done but still chewy, and crumble it up on top. Also, I like to add minced garlic to the mixture. For some reason I really enjoy smelling like a sweaty italian guy so I add garlic to just about everything I eat.

Anyway, here's how mine usually turns out.



Eat up, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment