Friday, September 12, 2014

The Influenster Vitality Vox Box.

Hey y'all!

Back in June, I attended an Influenster twitter party for the Spring Fling Vox Box, and won an invitation to an upcoming box. I had no idea which one it was going to be. Then at the beginning of August, I got a pre-qualification survey for said upcoming box. Still had no idea which one it was. No hints, nothing. Then, on August 14th, I got an email saying I was chosen for the Vitality Vox Box. I did not expect to get chosen for this box because so many of the people chosen had already received their box, and were sharing lots of posts of the products and things on social media. But, nonetheless I was still pretty pumped about it. The day I got the email telling me I was in the program, was the same day I got the voxbox. So there was no time to really anticipate the products or make guesses as to what they might be. But I got it, and I was really excited to open it up and see what was inside.


I got a box of Playtex Sport Fresh Balance tampons (which I also received in the spring fling voxbox), a tube of First Degree Advanced Burn Cream, a sample package of Bikini Ready Energy Gummies, a bottle of Pure Leaf Sweet Tea, a sample bottle of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide Caplet Serum, and the Softlips Lib Cube in the Pomegranate Blueberry flavor plus two $1off product coupons. How awesome is this?!?!

I am already pretty familiar with the tampons since I received them in the last box. I like them, but I REALLY wish Influenster had sent me the super absorbency instead of the regular. I have a 'super' heavy flow, and the regular ones just don't cut it so I do have to use a pad or a panty liner sometimes. But aside from all that, they do what they're supposed to do. They stay in place, and you don't have to worry about them becoming dislodged, or becoming uncomfortable. The applicator is fantastic, and they're so comfortable you almost forget they're there. Plus they smell freakin' awesome! But with all tampons, you need to get the appropriate absorbency to ensure there won't be any leakage. These are perfect for regular flow days. 



Next up, the First Degree Advanced Burn Cream. I have never tried this stuff, but the information on the box looked promising, plus the fact that the retail price was a little pricey pretty much had me sold. Y'know, cuz usually the more expensive something is, the better it works. Usually. Anyway, the box says it's for minor epidermal burns, scalds, cuts, scrapes, and even razor burn. It also has a wound healing agent and an antiseptic. I gotta say, this product is pretty much perfect for me. I burn myself ALL THE TIME when cooking. I mean, it's every single time I cook. Grease splatters, trying to use my hands as utensils, and not to mention the hundreds of times I've burned myself on the oven because I'm too lazy to pull the rack out. And recently, the burn cream really came in handy. I was cooking those instant mashed potatoes for my 3 year old son (he loves masha taydos) and they started bubbling pretty hard, and some of the mashed potatoes splashed out on my hand. Luckily the boy wasn't around, so he didn't get hurt. But dang, it was hot. I immediately applied the First Degree Burn Cream, and it started to soothe the burn instantly. I had to keep applying it to get the pain to go away completely, but after a couple of days, I couldn't even find the spot where I was burned. So not only did the burn cream stop the pain, it eliminated the burn completely and kept it from scarring. Still can't find where I got burned. So this is some serious stuff! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who gets burned, scraped, or cut frequently. It's off the chain y'all!




The next item I got was the sample package of Bikini Ready Energy Gummies. These gummies boost your metabolism, give you energy to power through your workout, they don't have any artificial dyes or flavors, and they're gentle on the stomach. I think they're about the same as other energy gummies, except for the artificial dyes and whatnot. They did give me energy, and didn't leave me feeling jittery at all like most other gummies do. I only got the sample pack, so I don't know how they'd affect me if I had enough for a daily regimen. Most of the people who got the box got the sample pack, but select influensters got the full size bottle. That would've been nice! 




My next item was the Pure Leaf Sweet Tea. I had never tried it before, and don't usually buy bottled teas unless it's Snapple. This tea was ok. I wouldn't say it's my favorite. Honestly, it just wasn't sweet enough for my taste. I'm used to REALLY sweet tea. This was more about the tea flavor than the sweetness of it. It definitely had a strong tea flavor, but it wasn't bad. It tasted really natural, unlike most teas that claim to be "natural". If they have an extra sweet tea flavor, I'd definitely purchase it. 



The next item I got was the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide Caplet Serum. It's a small sample bottle of .17 fl ounces. I like the way it feels on my face, and those little pearls inside are so cute! It definitely makes my skin brighter and younger looking. Since I recently hit 30, I'm VERY concerned about aging, fine lines, and wrinkles. From what I've used of the sample, I've seen a little results but nothing super drastic. If I could afford the full size bottle, I'd totally buy it..but it retails for $60 an ounce. And there's no way I can just throw 60 bucks out for some face cream. But, it's still a good product. 



The last item (but certainly not the least) was my Softlips Lip Cube in Pomegranate Blueberry. I have been dying to try this cube for a LONG time. It was included in select boxes during the Spring Fling Voxbox, and unfortunately I did not receive one and was super bummed about it. So imagine my surprise when it came in this box! Hyped UP!! I really really love it. It is super light when you apply it, and it doesn't have that greasy, waxy feeling on your lips. It actually absorbes into your lip skin, kind of like lip lotion. I've tried other lip balms and they just don't cut it. The product just sits there on top of my lips and eventually migrates to the corners of my mouth, and makes those little parentheses that George Carlin used to talk about. But anyway, the lip cube is awesome. Plus, it's got SPF 15 in it! It really hydrates my lips without making them look shiny. They just look and feel really soft, pouty, and supple. The flavor is great, and I will probably use the included coupons to purchase the other two available flavors. That is, if I can find out where the heck these things are sold at! I've searched walmart, meijer, walgreens, and family dollar. Can't find them anywhere. But don't worry, I wont stop looking. 




I've also done an unboxing video, so feel free to watch it. 


So that's my Vitality Vox Box. It's been a real treat. I wish I had been notified that I was getting it a little bit sooner, since it was thrown on me so quickly, but that's ok. I just like the anticipation. :) Pretty soon I should be getting my Rimmel and Kiss prizes from the Spring Fling Vox Box which are AWESOME prizes. If I can find the time (and we have an internet connection) I will most likely blog and post pics of what I get. Till then..

Eat up, y'all! 


*I received the Vitality Voxbox and all of it's contents complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes*




No comments:

Post a Comment